Saturday, October 13, 2012

How Braces Changed Me

Hey everyone ! Today i'm gonna talk about something close related to myself. Everyone who know my personally regardless before college or after college probably knew that i had braces and YES! THEY KNOW I LOOKED DIFFERENT BEFORE AND AFTER BRACES. So they always labelled my braces treatment as plastic surgery. Well, it may be consider as one ?

Today i'm not gonna brag about how awesome i look after applying braces or show off anything, but honestly i just hope this can give motivation or a pushing factors to people who are hesitating whether to get  braces or not. 

I was one of the victim of hesitation of getting braces. Guessed what ? I consulted dentist on February 2010 and extracted 2 tooth at the same month and i'm suppose to have 2 more tooth to be extracted on the same month. But, i hesitated to put braces because i'm worried of the pain it could cost to me and so i decided to not putting braces AFTER EXTRACTING 2 TOOTH just like that. Crazy much?

Not until July 2010 that i decided again to wear braces after watching how gorgeous Korean boy band MBLAQ'S TEETH ARE DURING ONE OF THEIR LIVE PERFORMANCE AND YES! I DECIDED TO WEAR BRACES AFTER NEARLY HALF A YEAR JUST BECAUSE OF A KOREAN BOY GROUP -.- and i got my another 2 tooth extracted that month.

I wore braces for 1 year and 4 months. It consider a really fast result as my doctor says my teeth are kind of in a very terrible situation and i'm gonna say i never regret my decision. THO IT HURTS LIKE BITCH AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TREATMENT BECAUSE MY TEETH WERE NOT IN GOOD POSITION SO THE BRACES KEEP TORN MY LIPS AND MY YA ROU( CHINESE ). AT ONE POINT I GOT 9 ULCERS IN AROUND MY MOUTH AREA. YES !! 9!!!!! I'M NOT KIDDING !!! However, everything really worth it when you completed the treatment. It can also helps in making your face more V!

This is a photo of my pre-braces treatment.
Look at the way i smile back then, it really is super weird and you can see my teeth are not welly placed. The gap at the left side (mirror view is right) is actually a tooth that grows inward, that my most insecure part of my teeth
And this is a photo that i took right after i took my braces out a year and 4 months later.


I'm sorry that the light actually blows my teeth out but as you can see the tooth actually had been pulled out and covers the gap which i am really grateful about. 

Tho the pain is sometimes very much to endure until at one point i really want to take my braces off during the first few weeks of my treatment.

If you are facing the same hesitation just like me in the past, don't hesitate and go get one already. However, i do not recommend people who have minor teeth imperfection to take on braces unless you really can afford it like a piece of cake because having braces is not cheap at all.

Signing off. Ciao. Next post i'm gonna talked about how contact lens changed me too !

No comments:

Post a Comment