Tuesday, October 16, 2012

How Contact Lens Changed Me

Hey guys. I'm back again! Promising a post about the differences of me with spectacle and contact lenses. It is funny that i am now suppose busying with my assignments, but i have the time here to blog. So here's a little history lesson.

My close relationship with contact lenses started during the end of 2008, just after my PMR examination. I and a bunch of friends were heading to Genting Highland as a trip after exam. If you are interested, you can actually read that post at my old blog  HERE. Hehehehehe.....

My idea of getting contact lenses arose because of the theme park games that i were about to play during the trip. As far as I remember (at that time), i did not enjoy any extreme rides with a clear eyesight because i had serious shortsightedness problem since i was 5 YEARS OLD and with that age, there is no way you can play any extreme rides like roller coaster and so on and also wanted to look nicer because it is my first vacation with my friends.

So, to fulfill my wish to enjoy those rides, i requested my mom to buy me 1 pair of contact lens just for the trip. Unexpectedly, my mom asked me if i wanted to order new contact lenses after the lens expired one month after. Since then, contact lens had been my "most powerful make up". And i am like the nerdiest person in the world when i have my spectacle on.


All my friends know how different i look when i'm wearing spectacle compare to wearing contact lens. They eventually give me a lot of labels such as plastic surgery, make up and so on.



So here's a picture of me first time ever wearing contact lens. I was very young back then and still is. Ohoho.

In the bus OTW to Genting.
Now a very recent photo of me without spectacle.

Familiar? Took this during the day of INTI Convocation Day


My eyes are visibly clearer and bigger when i did not wear spectacle.



And here's a photo of me wearing spectacle. Some of you would probably seen it before.


So the small eyes nerd Jam is here @.@

Is that 2 completely person? Some might say yes and some might say no.

I wouldn't say i look superb different, but it can be see clearly my eyes are way smaller and my nose are way huger compare to when i am not wearing it. I appears to have smaller eyes because my lens are of 700+ power. It makes me almost blind if i don't wear a spectacle, needless to say contact lens as well.

However, tho contact lens brings me better look, there are a lot things that i have to pay

Sometimes, i really hate having shortsightedness because it really gives me a lot of problem, People who wear contact lenses knows that is it horrible to wear it during the early morning, it makes your eyes feel like burning !! I also always have to bring a long solutions for my lenses and also spectacle in case if i would like to have the contact lens remove. 

Also, in my case i am a person who wouldn't go out to nice places wearing spectacle except for yamchas with the usual bunch. I've never once wear my spectacle to college throughout the 1 year and 4 months of me being in college no matter how tired or how less my sleeping time were. Call me 'ai mei' freak hahahaha.

Guessed that's price of beauty

As a contact lens user, unless you're wearing daily disposable contact lens like One Day Acuvue. People who wear monthly contact lens like me really need to take precocious on contact lens' cleanliness.

There a lot of people outside who only uses storing solution for both washing and storing, it may kill germs too, but i personally also used the solution specifically for washing the contact lens. However, using only one does not cause harm to you.

For now, i am a user of Bausch & Lomb contact lens, i recommend this brand because a lot people are actually wearing this. Wang Lee Hom and S.H.E also endorses this back then.



As for solutions, i wouldn't give any recommendation because i realized it depends on the person's eyes. I personally are allergy to some solutions. Tho it would not cause big problems but it can really irritates your eyes. Therefore, stick back to the one you are used to. 

I also realized there some contact lens users who doesn't know how washing solutions are like. This is some example of washing solution


I'm a little worried because the usual washing solution i used had a clear of stock, therefore this is a new brand that i haven't try before.

Alright, after some science and history lesson. It's time to say goodbye LOL!! Have to ciao for assignments. Too much to do when the due is on THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. I'm so dead.

Take care of your eyes ! Hehehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment